Sunday, April 20, 2008

What Is WRONG With Teachers In My Area?

It hasn't been a banner week for teachers in my area, as several seem to have gone totally mad and gotten themselves arrested. Don't they realize it makes us all look bad when they do idiotic things like this?

First, there was the secondary teacher accused of having sex wiht a 17 year old student. Don't they realize it's against the law???

Then, there was the drumline teacher who was arrested and admitted to having sex with a 14 year old girl.

Finally came the first grade teacher who was arrested for providing alcohol to minors, apparently her daughter and her friends. This is one of those cases where I can easily imagine the parent saying, "I'd rather them do it here than out somewhere else".


Their actions bring disgrace upon all of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A teacher in a district close to us took one of her students to get a tattoo. I can't imagine what she was thinking. The media loves stories about inappropriate teacher behavior. You are right, it makes us all look bad. As I read blogs, I am so impressed by the good, creative things teachers do. All of the teachers I know are normal people and do their best. It's too bad there are those who tarnish that image.

NYC Educator said...

It's really ridiculous of people to judge us, or any group, by the actions of a few people. Except for people who live in New Jersey, of course, who deserve everything they get.

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

Or one could say that about Texas... but I digress.
Loveyaloveyaloveya!

Meanwhile, these idiots just keep on coming out of the woodwork.